Saturday, March 6, 2010

Homestudy Update

Yes...that is what I said. Time to update my home study. Unbelievable how this all happened. I was reading through someones blog and saw that they had to get re-finger printed and do some other paper work. I thought to myself, I wonder if I need to be concerned with this issue. So, I called Lisa yesterday and found out that my home study is going to run out as of March 29th! Holy Smokes!

I got in touch and after I pay $800 and chase down some paper work and do a home visit I can ask for an extension with the Immigration for free. So here is the question to be asked, "What if I had not read that blog?" If we do get a court date in the next 3-4 weeks and passed, I would have been screwed on the state side. Great Day!!

This is how I am looking at this situation. I am thankful for bloggers and the advice that they are giving out, because they just saved me a whole bunch of potential hassles. Why can't my agency keep me informed on what I should be doing next? Thank God I am aggressive enough to call and ask questions.

Lisa is traveling on March 20th-26th and will be talking with all of the people there that have to do with the court case. I am hoping I get a court date while she is there. I know this is a good thing, but sometimes I wonder if anyone knows what is going on.

Oh God...give me patience. God is good.

2 comments:

Lyra Johnson said...

Same thing happened with us and our homestudy update. Except we had to be refingerprinted and didn't find out that the first refingerprinting appointment is free until after we mailed in our $250.00 check. The whole process totaled $1,100.00. Completely unplanned and un-budgeted for. This all happened at about the same point in the process, right before getting a court date.

Hope you hear something this week. Keep us updated.

Melissa said...

Gina, I saw your comment on my blog and yes, I am w/ Hope in St. Louis. If you'd like to email me, my address is lismowry@yahoo.com.