Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mommy and Uncle in Ethiopia

I sent over a photo book for Yosef about 4 weeks ago. It was so neat to see photos of him looking at the pictures. Here is a picture of me and my brother Larry. We will both be traveling over to get Yosef when the time comes. I wish you could see the look on his face. One day I will be able to show you the whole picture.

He turned 10 months old this past week. The latest news given to me is that all cases that have not received a court date yet will get one in 3-4 weeks. Over a week ago I had to get a new form notarized for three different Power of Attorneys. I hear that the lawyer that was working on the cases had been making some errors. I hope that this fixes the problems. I am still concerned that Yosef's paper work is not fixed. Only God knows when this is going to happen and I am resting in that confidence.

This past week was also my dad's third year anniversary of passing away. It was nice looking back on the memories with him. I miss him terribly, but would not want him back in the condition he was in. I am so thankful for the example that he left me and my family on how to love and treat others. I do not take for granted, the gift of Godly parents. As I get older and my friendship circle broadens I see that not everyone has had this gift. I respect my mom and the courage that she has to live on her own and not give up on life. She lived with dad for almost 65 years I believe. I often wonder when I will stop missing dad. I think the answer is....never.

God is good!

3 comments:

Our Family said...

So sweet! I love his chubby feet. I am praying that you get a court date this month. God is working even when we can't see it. You will have to teach Yosef all about his grandfather one day and help him to become a man of God like your dad. Checking your website often for good news.

Paula said...

I remember how excited we were when we got pictures of the twins with the albums we had sent. I hope all of Yosef's paperwork issues are resolved with this change in personnel.

Abby/Roger said...

I didn't know you are Yosef's mom!! I just want to tell you that he is such a BEAUTIFUL baby (not like you don't already know that)!! He is so striking and when I walked into the nursery my eyes were immediately drawn to him. We had so much fun playing with him our week there and I kept thinking to myself every time I saw him, "Who is the lucky mommy to this beautiful boy?!" I pray that you pass court very soon!! Do know, though, that he is in VERY good care with the nannies. For all the frustrations we had with Hope, seeing the excellent care the babies receive once we were there made up for a lot of our heartache we endured during the wait.