Sunday, March 28, 2010

Abandonment Case

Lisa should be back in town from Ethiopia. She did email me a few times while visiting and gave me some updates on Yosef. He is apparently wearing a 24 month old outfit that is a little bit big on him. A little bit? He just turned 11 months last week. Great day! She did say he is having no problem eating. It sounds like he is more like his mother than he knows.

She sent a few photos of him while he was on the potty chair. This is the second time I have seen him on the potty chair. This last time he was on the potty chair, he was holding a baby doll in one hand and a photo book that I sent over in a care package. I sent some pics of me, family and his buddy Lyra. He was looking at the photo of Lyra. I wonder if he remembers her. I look forward to the day that they get to see each other again.

Lisa met with Shimiless on Friday and they called someone and it was determined that his case is going to be turned into an abandonment case now. A Hope staff has to get a police officer to write a report on Yosef and then it can be taken to the MOWA. We should get a court date once this happens. Prayer for a quick report to be written, please. :)

So glad that there is finally movement on his case and we aren't just standing still. I am also happy to hear that Shimiless is over in Ethiopia. Hoping he is making things happen for all of open cases out there with Hope and Nightlight.

God is perfect!

4 comments:

Lyra Johnson said...

Great news! Hope you have a potty chair for when he comes home. You might get to skip out on diapers!

Can't wait for the kids to reunite!

Paula said...

Good to hear some progress is being made!

Lyra Johnson said...

Hate to jinx it, but I've seen like three Hope families get court dates for April. I'm hoping you get one of those! And travel right when school is out! You'll have all summer to enjoy with Yosef! Ok, I maybe really jinxed it there...

Just getting excited is all.

Our Family said...

Any news?? I am so hoping that you hear something soon. Honestly, I am sick of the WAITING!