Sunday, August 17, 2008

Woah...slow down

I am sure that many of us are feeling this way as we enter into the month of August. I am getting ready to start another year of teaching 5th graders as of August 18th. Am I ready? I believe that we have every possible thing labeled and looking fun for the new faces. I am asking God to show me the gifts and talents of my students this week.

I have been reminded in our orientation meetings this past week that what we do and say make huge impacts. Let me be very conscience of how I am perceived this week. First impressions are big at this age. I have met alot of neat kids already through our extravaganza day on Saturday.

Onto adoption news...I have come to find out this week that a co-worker of mine is also adopting from Ethiopia. It is neat to see how God continues to place the right people in my life. I am getting more and more excited about this whole process. Also thankful that I have done the majority of the paper chase before school starts. The FBI called me this week and asked where I wanted my results sent to. I guess I labeled the envelope incorrectly. It should have gone to Carolina Hope. Also received two letters from CIS to let me know that they will be scheduling an appointment with me in the future. My case will be looked at towards the end of Nov. to Dec. I did call my homestudy group this weekend and asked about the report.

Still waiting on a few more recommendations and some pics and I will be ready to send everything to Carolina Hope. So...all appears to be good. On another note, I have found out that my mom has papillary thyroid cancer in her neck. She will have surgery this coming friday. I appreciate all of your prayers. God is good and I am thankful this has been found out now and not later.

No comments: