Friday, August 1, 2008

Big mailing day

I mailed my CIS form for the second time today along with my request for my birth certificate from MO. Each time I send out a check I think how much closer I am getting to the end. It was weird calling the police department today to set up a time to be finger printed. I have an appointment next Tuesday.

I know that many families are waiting to hear about their court date with knowing that the courts are closing in just a few days. What little research I have done, I have found out that the courts close from Aug. 7th-Oct. 7th in Addis Ababa, for what they call the rain season. I am in no hurry, but I know many people are waiting.

I feel the urgency to read as much as I can about Ethiopia, so that I will be prepared when the time comes to travel. I think the next book I will buy is "I'm chocolate, your vanilla". When Heather and I were in NYC we managed to walk through a book fair in Harlem. A lady had a book that she was selling for $5 that said "What white people know about black people". When I glanced over at her table, she proceeded to engage me in conversation. She said "Don't be intimidated by the book, it really is not that bad, take a look. " So I did...it had absolutely nothing on the pages...pretty funny. She said it was a great conversational piece for the coffee table. I agree.

3 comments:

Tymm said...

if you're still worried about what jogging stroller to get - we love our B.O.B. - go check him out here:

http://littlehoffman.blogspot.com/2007/11/bob-and-jimmy.html

I took our girl for a 3 mile fast run in it yesterday and she had a BLAST!!

Good luck on your process - God will rock your world in Ethiopia. He did ours...

Anonymous said...

Gina,

We really continue to be very grateful for our selection of Carolina Hope, and we're glad you are using them too. Let's keep each other updated!

Sara and Nate

Tymm said...

Hey - glad ya found the B.O.B. info helpful. We love ours!

Thanks for the kind comments on our blog!