Friday, August 22, 2008

Praise God !

This has been a great day! Mom's surgery went well and the dr. seems to think the cancer was in stage one. I am so thankful that this was found so quickly. I was able to talk with her this evening an hour or so after her surgery. It was so difficult to be almost 900 miles away while she was in the hospital. My brother, sister and niece were with mom all morning. I am so thankful for my family and the love that they have for our each other.

More good news...I received my finger prints back from the FBI and it was stamped with "No criminal record". I don't know why that was such a big deal to me, but it was so great getting my hands on to that piece of information.

Secondly, CIS sent me a letter of appointment for the 28th at 1:00. Not sure what to expect, but I need to have an interview with them. My homestudy also called me this week and said my homestudy should be done by the beginning of next week. I am still waiting for my birth certificate to be sent to me.

I have met so many people this past week who are looking to adopt from Ethiopia. It is amazing how many people are looking for their future family over there. I know that God has allowed me to meet all of these different families for one reason or another. I am looking forward to getting into a support group at Church at Charlotte.

Lots of stuff going on in my life. Phew...Thank God It's Friday!

No comments: