Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to you...

Yes, it was Yosef's birthday yesterday. April 22nd, 2010 he turned one year old. I can't believe that he is already that old and still not over here! Yikes, it makes me a little emotional when I think about it. A friend of mine and I celebrated last night with some frozen yogurt from TCBY. That was the best tasting stuff! I have been on a diet for 68 days. No dessert or carbs, so you can imagine how good that tasted.

I hope he had a great first birthday. Did someone love on him and sing to him? Well I know that my family was singing over here in the U.S. My mom and I sang together last night and then my sister left me a message and sang to him on my voice mail. We are a silly family, but fun.

Feeling grateful today. I was scheduled to have jury duty today and when I called last night the message said I was released from my duty. Thank you Charlotte court system! The school year is winding down or up, depending on how you look at things and I did not need to miss any days.

I am thankful for Friday and the weekend ahead. Hoping to hear some news today from Lisa. I guess Hope has moved their office in St. Louis and it has been difficult getting in touch. What's new? Thanking God ahead of time for the police report that has already been written. A friend of mine had reminded me that we should go ahead and believe that God has answered our prayers, instead of pleading for them to be answered. I agree. Thank you God!

God is perfect. :)

3 comments:

Lyra Johnson said...

Awww... Happy Birthday, Yosef!

I was thinking about him a lot yesterday and actually wondering when his birthday was. Almost emailed to ask.

Hang in there!

Our Family said...

Happy Birthday sweet Yosef!! So sorry he's not here with you, but there will be many more to celebrate. I love-believing God has already answered your prayers instead of pleading with Him to do so! Good news will come soon for both of us....

Paula said...

Happy Birthday, baby Yosef. Can't believe he's one.