Sunday, April 18, 2010

Change...

What do you think of when you hear the word "Change"? Is it money in your pocket? Getting into your pjs? New hair color? It is something different for all of us, but boy do I feel it lately. Change is hard. I have felt for about 2 weeks now that many things in my life are a changin' and I don't know the outcome of any of them. I hate the unknown sometimes.

So what did I do? I took a personal day and headed to SeaBrook Island to get away and get focused back on what is important in life. It's the circumstances that matter, but how I react to them that matters. God is in control. If only I could be paid in CHANGE for that line. :)

What have I learned this weekend? I know, do we always have to been learning? I think so. If not, why question things? I am learning to lean on Jesus and not myself for my every day. I know He has a plan and purpose for my life and those involved in it to prosper and be fulfilled to overflowing joy. Keep your eye on the prize is a phrase that has been running through my head lately. The prize can be so many things right now. But ultimately, I believe the prize is knowing God and His character so that others may see Him in me during this time in my life.

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine...

(This will be one of Yosef's favs when he gets here.)

God is perfect! Tasfa!

No comments: