Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Updates on the process


Well, I have received a little bit of an update about the waiting list for Carolina Hope Adoption. Lisa Prather emailed all of the Ethiopian families and said there are 17 parents waiting to adopt a female in the age of 12 months or under. This wait is a 6-9 month period once your paperwork is in Ethiopia.

I, on the other hand, am waiting on a boy and they said the wait would be less for a male. There was not a wait list given for the male adoptions. I have heard that it is easier to adopt a male then a female. That did not make a difference for me. I know I am supossed to raise a man of God. I know that it is hard for some to understand, but this is the calling for my life right now.

I am getting ready to enter two important dates in the next few weeks that represent the passing of two important people in my life. One being Bonnie Mill's one year ann. homecoming to Jesus on Friday, Jan. 30 and the other is my dad's two year ann. on Feb. 24th. Spending time thinking about these two wonderful people always makes me cry. Death is so final. Hard to stop missing someone you have spent the majority of your life loving. I am reminded of the eternal hope we have to spend the rest of our life with Jesus and our loved ones. I am thankful for both of their impacts in my life and the lives of others. Thank you for memories with Bonnie and Dad.

2 comments:

Kelley Burch said...

Shannon Collins told me about your blog. I love it! I am helping her set one up on Friday. I will so enjoy watching you both take these incredible journeys of love and faith! God Bless You. Kelley Burch

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about grandpa a lot too. Pastor spoke on 1 Corinthians 15 on Wed. night and it was such an encouragement to me.
Verses 54-58 really have stuck with me.

Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled:

“Death is swallowed up in victory.
O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?”

For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

I rejoice to know where grandpa is and know one day I will be up there singing right along with him. I love you sis and am so excited for your little man to come home!!