Thursday, January 1, 2009

Looking back to memories and forward to new ones




I am sitting here at my home over Christmas break and reading my journal from 2008. It is amazing how God has walked beside me throughout this year. Sometimes you think you have been doing it all on your own and then glancing back you see it differently.




Streams in the desert, Jan. 1 says: "Today we stand at the threshold of the unknown. Before us lies a new year, and we are going forward to take possession of it. Who knows what we will find? What new experiences or changes will come our way? What new needs will arise? In spite of the uncertainity before us, we have a cheerful and comforting message from our Heavenly Father: 'The Lord your God cares for (it); the eyes of the Lord...are continually on it from the beginning of the year to its end.' Duet. 11:11-12"




God is going to lead the way into 2009 only if we give Him the wheel. I look forward to this new year of opportunity. I know God is going to stretch me in ways I had no idea could be possible. Thank you ahead of time for the grace and mercy you will show me when I mess up and disappoint You.




I didn't make any resolutions last night. Of course I want to stay healthy and challenge myself to try something new in a physical realm, but no precise items. I want to be used this year to impact others for Christ. I know God has great plans for me this year. Thank you for Your calling on my life.




I did spend some time with my family over Christmas break. Here are a few pics of me, mom, my sister, and my nieces. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: