Sunday, February 7, 2010

Small World and Chubby Feet


I must have said the phrase "What a small world we live in" a hundred times the other night. My friend Shannon organized a dinner party with other families who are adopting from Ethiopia last night. It was such an enjoyable time. I met some wonderful people and had so much in common with one particular lady. It is amazing how God brings complete strangers into your life who will soon become fast friends.




The night was brought together by a common thread of adopting from Ethiopia and we all walked out having learned just how much we have in common. I think knowing that others are going through the same trials as yourself seems to make it just a little easier to bear it all. I feel so blessed to have met these new friends. Our next meeting will be downtown Charlotte at an Ethiopian restaurant with everyone's family. Should be a lot of fun! Thank you Shannon!




On to chubby feet! Yosef has the cutest little feet. A family in my agency traveled over to get their son over a week ago and they took some great photos of Yosef. It is so hard to just show parts of his body, but I can tell you this much, he looks healthy. They say that he is very happy and the nannies are taking good care of him. It appears that he has two bottom front teeth. My photo album continues to grow.




This week Laurie is traveling over the Ethiopia to help with the paperwork issues. We still have not heard word from Shimiless on how things are going over there. This will be his third week over there. Hoping to receive some good news soon. Thank you for praying for Yosef and his protection. God is good!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe he's sitting up! He's getting so big. Will you email me a picture of him so I can see what he looks like now? He was so teeny when we took pictures of him in June.

Gina said...

Paula- I don't think I have saved your email address. Here is mine glister@carolina.rr.com. Email me and I will forward some pics that I received about a week ago. Hope you are doing well!

Our Family said...

Gina...I loved having the dinner. It does help to have others who are on this same journey. Sharing our frustrations and joys just makes the process easier somehow. I will definitely plan our next event. I just can't wait for the day that we can get together and our little Ethiopian treasures will be there too. Yosef is adorable. Let's pray for GOOD news this week....