Saturday, August 13, 2011

Where has the Summer gone?

This has been the best summer of my life! Sam and I have had so much fun. After his circumcision, everything got a lot more fun for him. We ended up going to Mexico Beach in Fla. For a week and them to Missiouri for 2 weeks. It was so great getting to see friends and family. I feel quite blessed to have had this time.

In two days I go back to work and Sam goes to a new baby sitter. I am nervous. Why? Not quite sure. I know he will be ok, I think it migt be me that will not be ok. I still have not gotten us in the mode of getting up early. Oh well,it will happen soon enough.

I am feeling so blessed. I have met so many strangers in the last 6 months due to Sam's eyes and lashes. Through it all, I have enjoyed telling his story. God continues to receive the glory in all of it. I have new friends who are traveling back to Ethiopia soon to get their little garland I am envious of them. I miss the people in Addis Ababa. I miss Ethiopia. I know one day we will return. Thank God for a wonderful summer and time spent with family and friends.

God is perfect.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Summer always goes way too fast... glad you had such a nice one with Samuel.

Unknown said...

Sam is growing up so fast.... same speed as my Sara Joy it seems :) Glad you had a great summer and hope you enjoy your back to school time! And yeah... about Ethiopia...I'm a bit jealous too. I want to go back and bring home another miracle!