Saturday, August 21, 2010

What happened to his curls?

Well, here is my latest photo of Yoseph and his new hair cut. He looks like a little boy now. I can't believe how cutting his curls makes him look so much older. Speaking of getting older, he is turning 16months old tomorrow. I can't believe that I have know him for 14 months of his life. I can hardly wait to finally hold him and kiss those beautiful eyes!

I have made a great connection at my orphanage in Addis named Muluken. The Henderson family told me of him and he sent me this photo and Yoseph's diet plan yesterday. I feel extremely blessed to have this connection and the information that was provided through Muluken. Facebook has been our connection. I never thought I would be this happy to be on facebook. :)

Apparently he is smaller than I think he is. They said he is wearing 12 month old clothing. He looks so much bigger in the pictures I have seen in the past. Muluken also told me that I should be getting a court date in Oct. , so keep the prayers coming everyone. I am sorry to not have written earlier. Things have been hectic with school starting this week.

This is going to be a great year in fifth grade at CCS. I love my homeroom and the students that rotate in for math. This group of kids are so kind and sweet to one another. Very grateful for my job and a place to minister to young people. God is perfect...

4 comments:

Lyra Johnson said...

Yay for Muluken! Yosef was a few pounds bigger than Lyra when we were there in December, but Lyra is also still in 12 month clothes now.

If you pass court in October do you still have to travel twice after that? Hope you have him home for Christmas. At least he is filed and it seems his paperwork is good now!

Paula said...

I so hope you have a court date in October! We are still working on the dossier for our little boy, but I have a wild fantasy that we will get a court date before Christmas.

I'm not surprised to hear that Yosef is only in 12 month clothes. The twins fit well in 4T, although I'm buying 5T pants so they will last until spring. My oldest two kids wore 4T when they were 3 years old, and even tiny little Anna wore them when she was 4. Anyway, they are six, so you can see that they are quite teeny!

So is the contact at the orphanage an employee of some type?

Paula

Gina said...

Paula, he is a social worker for the orphanage. The Henderson family shared his name with me and I friended him. He has been pretty helpful. What agency are you using for your next adoption?

Lyra Johnson said...

Two weeks and courts are open!!! Right?! I'm putting all my energy in hopes for an October court date with Yoseph's name on it!