Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"Whose your mama?"

That is right! Yoseph's mom has been found!!! I have had two days of great news. Lisa called yesterday during my smart board training to let me know that they had found her and that it would take 2-3 weeks to get his paperwork fixed.

Then today I received a call around 5:30 from Lisa telling me that Laurie emailed her and said his paperwork was completed! Yes!!!! I have been waiting for this day to come. :) They are now submitting his paperwork for a court date.

It has been a good couple of days for me. I have been slammed beyond measure, but still can't seem to get any sleep. I am certain that I will crash eventually. I could get a court date in the next couple of weeks assigned for him.

I have planned on going to Ethiopia in July and now I may be going over there to get him even before school would start? I know, that is crazy talk, but with God all things are possible.

God is perfect!

6 comments:

Our Family said...

At the end of all of this, will we be traveling together? Sounds like a possibility. Let me know when you get a date. So happy for you!!!!

Erin Henry said...

SO excited to hear this news!! Will continue the prayers and look forward to updates :) What an exciting summer! :)

Hugs!

Lyra Johnson said...

YAY!!! So happy for you and little Yosef! Let's hope everything goes smoothly from here on out.

Paula said...

Gina! That is so great! Can't wait to hear when your court date will be!

Abby/Roger said...

Your strength is inspiring. Your story is gut-wrenching and my heart aches for you having to endurance this ridiculously long wait. I really don't know how you do it. I am in awe of your patience and fortitude. I can't wait to see a picture of you with Yosef in your arms. In that moment all of this waiting will be sooooooo worth it. God bless you and Yosef.

Charity said...

Gina,
It was wonderful to see your post on my blog! Yes, we are with NightLight. Our daughter is "Edom" in the pictures. I don't have a whole lot of pictures of her. In one set of pictures (from Aug / Sept 2009) she is in a photo right after a photo of Yosef! I think I only have three photos of her total (from the photo library).

Were you the individual who was planning on traveling with Lisa in July? I had asked her the same question - if I could travel - and she said that another parent was considering traveling with her as well.

Seeing as how we are now pretty much assured that we will have to travel for court, I doubt that i will be able to travel in July. I so desperately want to see my little girl though!

If you do travel, or when you are finally able to go and get Yosef, please take pictures of Edom for me. A picture of her now would be priceless!

We are currently waiting on our court date. We have been waiting 2 1/2 weeks now (I know, that is nothing compared to your wait) and it seems like an eternity. Hopefully we will hear something soon. It would be so wonderful if we were able to travel together!

What area do you live in? We are in Florence, SC. Anywhere near the southeast?

Please keep in touch. I would love to hear when you get a court date. I'll add you to my blog list so I can follow! Hopefully you will get to go before we do, but if not, I will love on little Yosef when we are there and take a million pictures for you. I bet Yosef and Edom (our Sara) are in the same room together! Hopefully we can find a way to keep them connected.

Let me know of any good news!

charity.roach@roche.com

In Christ,
Charity