Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Now What?

Well...I received word from my adoption agency today letting me know that they have merged with another group called Nightlight Adoption. I checked out their website and seemed a bit confused. They have advertisement for frozen embryos. What? I didn't see anything about Ethiopia on their site, so that concerns me. I did email my contact person and will probably call tomorrow if I don't hear back from her.

So my question still remains..Now what? Does this change anything for our wait on a referral? Will this help us in the future with connections and are we still with Hope Adoption in St. Louis? I will have to say I often question my agency about what is going on. I am sure this is part of the process. Still trying to rest in God's plan and not mine. Easier said then done.

A friend asked me the other day if I am still asking myself "What am I doing?" I have to say that I am not asking that question of myself anymore. I guess I have crossed that bridge and feel like I am finally getting used to the idea of being a mom.

Speaking of being a mom, the little girl that I carpool almost threw chunks in my car this morning. We were at a stop light at Providence and Rea Rd. and she opened the car door to gag. Her brother had a bunch of school supplies in a grocery bag and I dumped those contents like no ones busy and had that bag at her face in seconds. Now I have to say that I did that out of some selfish reasons along with their safety. I can not hear, see or smell throw up without feeling sick myself. I hope that problem changes for me in the future. Turns out I am not quite there yet after all. God has a way of reminding me of my weaknesses.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Hey, I'm probably one of the biggest pests Carolina Hope has... whoops, I mean Nightlight. I ask A LOT of questions, and I was all over this one yesterday. Sounds like it's all okay though. Just remember that people that ask questions are informed consumers. :)