Sunday, April 26, 2009

Look what a year can do




I just received some pictures from my friend, JP, tonight. He was the leader of my mission trip to the Dominican Republic last year in Feb. While down there I met a 5th grader named Rafelina. She came to the church the night we set up the clinic and we connected. Throughout the week she would sit with me while I did blood pressure on people and helped me to translate. We did not communicate well, but ended up giving each other a gift on Valentine's Day.




Now JP takes care packages down to her every now and then and we have set up an account for her future education. I can not believe how much she has grown in a year. He and I are meeting up this week to exchange information and to see when he will travel again to her home. This has been such a great way to continue the lines of communication with Rafelina. I really appreciate JP and his love the DR.




I feel like I should make another trip to see Rafelina once more before I become a mom. JP has offered to take me down there and see her again. God is so good. He continually provides for all of my needs and then the needs of others. I do not take any of this for granted. I am feeling very grateful tonight.

1 comment:

Paula said...

What a great story. :)