Monday, October 4, 2010

My time has come...

Yes people, we are officially waiting for the court date count down. I will be marking my calendar with the big red X's until Nov. 30th. I have a court date for Yoseph!!! It has taken a little more than 15 months to get this assigned, but it is finally here. I had a friend text me that having to wait this long will only make it sweeter in the end. I think he may very well be correct.

I went to Seabrook Island for the weekend with my friend Heather. We both took Monday off so that we could spend all of Sunday on the island with her brother and his wife. It was such a beautiful weekend. I actually wanted to go for a couple of selfish reasons 1) I love the beach and was missing the sun and ocean 2) I was losing my focus on God and needed some serious down time to get back on track. The beach does that for me.

I don't know why, but something about the nature and water always brings me back to my Creator. It allows me to see how He lavishes His love on me to let me experience the buck in the marsh or the dolphin in the ocean. We had a near mishap with a buck this weekend that is a very funny story when told by me and not Heather. Needless to say...it was a time of reflection on what God is doing in my life.

I will have to say that I was giving myself a pity party this week. I was so disappointed when I didn't get a court date this week. I just knew it was going to happen. Again, not my timing, but His.

So as we are leaving the island, my phone rings and I do not recognize the number. I say out loud, "This might be Lisa P. calling me, so I am going to pick it up." (The music was loud and we had the windows down...this is usual protocol for entering and leaving the island) :0) So the music goes down and believe it or not, it was her! With alot of screaming and saying "Are you serious?!" she said those great words YOU HAVE A COURT DATE!!! I have been waiting to hear those words for a looooooooong time.

God is perfect.

5 comments:

Paula said...

FINALLY!!!!! :)

I am so, so happy to hear this. This is just the best news to hear today. so happy for you, Gina!

Lyra Johnson said...

YAY!!!

Gina, November 30 is Lyra's gottcha day. Hopefully that's a good sign!

Is this the court date you travel to???

This will be a good Thanksgiving for you!

So happy for you!

http://www.familyredefined.blogspot.com said...

Gina,
You know I have been praying for you and Yoseph to finally be together. You are right, God is perfect, and good, and right and just - all the time! I'm so happy that your time with Yoseph has come.

When will I start to see the facebook count down??? :)

Your sister in Christ

Our Family said...

Gina...I am so happy for you! When you met Addia last week, I kept thinking that Yoseph should be in your arms too. I left feeling heavy hearted and prayed that God would give you a court date soon. He is so good!! When you stare into Yoseph's eyes and get that first big hug, the wait will all seem worth it. I pray that God lets him know now that Mommy is coming and that your bonding is so fast. Do you think there is any way he could be home by Christmas?? I can't wait to welcome him home. His BFF, Addia, is waiting for him too. Celebrating with you...Shannon

Abby/Roger said...

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! I cannot even put into words how excited and relieved I am for you and Yoseph. God is wonderful!! I saw your brother tonight in Spfld at a restaurant. He approached us and started telling how his sister was adopting a little boy from Ethiopia and it was taking a long time, etc., etc. When I asked him if you lived in Spfld and he said no, South Carolina, I got goosebumps and said, "Is it Yoseph?" I just had this weird feeling I knew it was someone I knew. So crazy. So he got to meet our little Ari and talk about Ethiopia a little bit. Anyway, I am beyond thrilled for you. If you have any questions at all, feel free to email me at abbylwasson@gmail.com. Also, I have a friend here in Spfld who has the same court date as you!!! She is adopting a baby girl, her second adoption with Hope. I will email you her name and email address if you'd like it. She is also staying between the court date and embassy appointment. Congratulations again!!!