Friday, October 17, 2008

SeaBrook...Rest sweet rest...


I just arrived with Heather to the island and am looking forward to a weekend of fun in the sun. This means sitting all day at the beach and reading or sleeping. Enough about my rough life and on to the adoption information.

I talked with Carolina Hope on Monday and they sent the last items that I needed to fill out for the Hope Adoption Agency in St. Louis, MO. I still can not believe that we are using an agency from my home state. God is so fun! I had my friend at school notarize everything and I will be sending it out on Monday. This is it everyone!

The next steps are to have a courier take the dossier to a very important place for notarization. (Obviously, I don't remember what it is called or where it is located.) This should take 5-8 days and then it gets sent over to Ethiopia to be translated. The lady said we are looking at a timeline of March for a referral. This would mean travel in May or June. Praying that this all works out for June.

On the car ride down to the island, we talked about how adoption is based on "loss". I heard this in a class that I am taking at my church. I guess I had never thought of it that way. It seems like such a great gift to me that I would have never considered it as a loss. This is certainly a process for me and I am keeping my eyes and ears open.

Thank you God for your timing and sovereignty in my life. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: